A WordPress tag page allows you to organize your WordPress posts. In this article, I show you how tags work in WordPress. You will learn how to create WordPress tags and how to add a tag to a post.
You will also learn a workaround so that you can add a tag to a WordPress page.
How Tags Work in WordPress
WordPress tags are used to organize your posts on your WordPress blog.
Unlike categories that have a hierarchy, tags are used as keywords for your posts.
You can add one or more tags to a WordPress post.
What is a tag page?
A tag page is a WordPress page that lists all the post that have been assigned that specific tag on the Edit Post page.
By default, the posts are displayed in reverse chronological order. So, the most recent post for that tag is displayed first.
How To Change The Number Of Posts On A Tag Page
You can change the number of posts that are displayed on the first page of a tag.
From the WordPress Admin menu, Select “Settings” and then select “Reading”.
A WordPress tag page is one way to organize your WordPress post. You can also use categories to organize your posts. Categories have a hierarchy so that you can organize your categories within categories. Find out more about categories in the article, How Categories Work In WordPress.
Check out the following WordPress tutorials and WordPress guides:
- Learn WordPress: Getting Started With WordPress CMS
- One-Click WordPress Install and Set Up
- How To Choose A WordPress Theme
- How To Install WordPress Themes
- Customizing WordPress Themes
- Top 7 WordPress Tips For Beginners
- Popular WordPress Plugins
- How To Create A Custom Homepage In WordPress
- How To Create A Page In WordPress
- WordPress Admin Panel Guide
- WordPress Admin Getting Started Guide
- How To Edit The WordPress Menu Bar
- WordPress Category Page: How Categories Work In WordPress
- WordPress Tag Page: How Tags Work In WordPress
- Your WordPress Media Library Questions Answered
- Easy Way To Edit Images In WordPress: Resize, Flip, Rotate, And Crop Explained
- Add WordPress Post: How To Create A WordPress Post Now
Want to get up and running quickly with your WordPress blog without the hassle of picking a hosting company and installing WordPress and essential features?
Website Buoy offers plans that include WordPress hosting, WordPress installation, WordPress Themes customizations, essential features, and support so that you can start blogging right away.
Check out our WordPress Design Services.