- Web Hosting: I use Bluehost or SiteGround for hosting my websites and my client websites. I found the prices reasonable for both. Read my One-Click WordPress Install And Set Up blog post for more information.
- Blogging Software: I use WordPress for most of my client websites. WordPress is an open source solution with lots of functionality. It is really the go-to blogging platform. There are a lot of add-ons including those for eCommerce, Event Calendars, Customer Forums, and more.
- Blogging Theme: I purchase my themes for WordPress from ThemeForest. They have thousands of themes to pick from. I prefer buying a theme versus having a free theme. The quality and support always seem to be better. And they usually have a lot more features and updates. Read my How To Choose A WordPress Theme post to find out more information.
- All-In-One Solution: Website Buoy offers an all-in-one solution for new bloggers and small business owners. Check out our hosting plans which include hosting, WordPress install, WordPress theme install, and support.
Once you have your WordPress website set up, its time to drive traffic and start earning income.
- 30 Day Blogging Fast Track Course – This course is produced by It’s A Lovely Life. Heather and Reese have been blogging for over 10 years and earn a full-time income from their site. The course is a bit expensive but it was totally worth the cost to me. You can see all their courses here.
- Email Lists Simplified – This course is produced by Meera Kothand who is an email list expert. I learned so much from her in this class about making landing pages, email campaigns, and opt-ins. You can see all her courses here.
(Want to get up and running quickly with your WordPress blog without the hassle of picking a hosting company and installing WordPress and essential features? Website Buoy offers plans that include hosting, WordPress installation, essential features, and support so that you can start blogging right away. Check out our WordPress Hosting Plans.)