Learn how to create a page in WordPress step-by-step in the WordPress tutorial. Pages are important when you learn WordPress. Pages along with Posts are the main ways to display content on your WordPress website.
Follow the steps below:
Step 1. Create A Page In WordPress
- Log into your WordPress Admin
- Select Pages, Add New
- Enter a title for your page in the text box below “Add New Page”
- Select “Save Draft” under “Publish”
Once the page is saved, WordPress creates a Permalink and the title of the page changes to “Edit Page”. The Status is also set to “Draft”.
Select “Preview page” to see your new page.
Step 2. Edit Page In WordPress
- Enter your text in the text box below the editor toolbar.
- Use the Editor Toolbar to edit your text (see the article, How To Use the WordPress Editor, for more information)
- When you are completed with your edits, you can select “Save Draft”, if you aren’t ready for your page to be viewable. Or select “Publish” to make your page visible.
Before you publish your page, you can set the page attributes and upload a featured image.
Step 3. Update Page Attributes in WordPress
- In the Page Attributes section, select a parent page if you want your page to be part of a hierarchy of pages.
- Enter a number greater than 0 in the Order text box to override the alphabetic ordering of your page in the list on the Pages page.
Step 4. Set Featured Image
- Select “Set featured image”
- The Featured Image box will be displayed. You can upload an image or use an existing image from the Media Library tab.
The image now shows in the Featured Image section.
And the Featured Image appears at the top of the page.
Now that you have learned how to create a page in WordPress, you will need to add it to your menu so that your visitors can access your page. Read our article on creating menus for step-by-step instructions for adding a menu to your WordPress website. In the article, Add WordPress Post: How To Create WordPress Posts Now you learn how to make a blog post.
Or read our article, Learn WordPress: Getting Started With WordPress CMS.
Check out the following WordPress tutorials and WordPress guides:
- Learn WordPress: Getting Started With WordPress CMS
- One-Click WordPress Install and Set Up
- How To Choose A WordPress Theme
- How To Install WordPress Themes
- Customizing WordPress Themes
- Top 7 WordPress Tips For Beginners
- Popular WordPress Plugins
- How To Create A Custom Homepage In WordPress
- How To Create A Page In WordPress
- WordPress Admin Panel Guide
- WordPress Admin Getting Started Guide
- How To Edit The WordPress Menu Bar
- WordPress Category Page: How Categories Work In WordPress
- WordPress Tag Page: How Tags Work In WordPress
- Your WordPress Media Library Questions Answered
- Easy Way To Edit Images In WordPress: Resize, Flip, Rotate, And Crop Explained
- Add WordPress Post: How To Create A WordPress Post Now
Want to get up and running quickly with your WordPress blog without the hassle of picking a hosting company and installing WordPress and essential features?
Website Buoy offers plans that include WordPress hosting, WordPress installation, WordPress Themes customizations, essential features, and support so that you can start blogging right away.
Check out our WordPress Design Services.