Why It’s Important to Hire the Best
It’s decided – you want your own website. First of all, I want to congratulate you because 60 percent of small businesses don’t even have one. So there is no doubt that owning a website will give you a huge advantage. Now that you’ve made up your mind, the next step is to hire the best WordPress design company that will build your website.
Since you’re still starting out, it’s extremely important that you find an expert and not just anyone who offers WordPress blog design services. Remember that your end goal is to monetize your website. And the only way for you to achieve that goal is with a WordPress design specialist who creates websites that are:
- and Profitable
… or what I’d like to call the 5 Power Signs of a Great Website.
WordPress design is not just about bringing traffic. It’s also about presenting your brand in the best possible way to potential customers. This is why you need to assess different factors before deciding which company you will hire. We’ll get to that shortly. First, let’s talk about why you need to hire a professional WordPress designer.
Why Should I Hire A WordPress Design Company?
I want you to take a few minutes and ask yourself…
- Want to start a website and/or small business?
- Maybe you already own a business and want to market it online?
- Got zero background on WordPress?
- Perhaps you know a little about WordPress, but need help from time to time?
- Do you have a full-time job and want to make money with a WordPress blog?
- Or maybe you’d like to transition from a 9 to 5 desk job and work at home?
If you answered ‘YES!’ to any of these questions, then you would definitely enjoy the benefits of hiring a WordPress company.
You’d finally be able to…
- Save an incredible amount of time
- Eliminate the stress of making a website while juggling work and home
- Develop online strategies that generate profit
- Focus on other key aspects of business
That wraps up my quick introduction on why you need to hire a WordPress expert. Let’s move on to choosing the best WordPress development company.
What Are The Best Qualities of a WordPress Design Company?
Searching for the best WordPress website designer can be overwhelming. To help you get started with your website, I’ll tell you exactly what you need to look for in a WordPress designer… even when you absolutely have no idea where to start!
1. Onshore location
Small businesses who want to establish their brand or attract clients within an area might want to consider working with an onshore company. Does this mean you have to be in the exact same location as a web development company? Not necessarily. It simply means hiring a WordPress consultant from the same country.
Is onshore WordPress design really better than hiring offshore?
YES, it totally is! Getting services from offshore locations may seem like a smart idea if you’re on a budget. But what they don’t tell you is that:
- Language differences tend to be a problem with offshore companies
- Collaborating projects is more difficult with companies outside your country
If you’re located in the United States and no matter who your intended audience is, hiring a WordPress design US company is going to spare you the trouble of miscommunication. It gives you the certainty that the people you hire will fully understand your needs. Likewise, you’d be able to express your goals and expectations of their services.
Secondly, another advantage of onshore hiring is the minimum time gap between you and your chosen company. Time differences are usually no more than a few hours, allowing you to set appointments with little adjustment on both ends. In contrast, outsourcing to another country would mean a time zone difference of up to 15 hours. Because of this, collaborating becomes a chore.
Lastly, you’ll have the freedom to effectively manage your time and schedule meetings during your most available hours. Flexibility is perhaps the best trait of an onshore WordPress design company.
How can I get in touch with an onshore client?
Most online companies whether onshore or offshore have a customer relationship management system. WordPress website design services are no exception. Because they primarily work from a remote location, projects can be discussed over phone or via chat or email.
2. It’s a small company
When you search Google for “the best WordPress web expert” it will give you a long list of medium to large-scale companies. And while this might shock you, they are not the best options for your startup business.
A big WordPress design company is bad news
They may be good at delivering fast results, but quite frankly, they rarely produce websites that stand out. And because they handle several projects at a time, they won’t have time to give your website the complete attention it deserves. Furthermore, getting in touch with online support can also be frustrating as these large companies take forever to respond. And finally, to top of it all off, they’ll slap you with an expensive bill.
Starting small is the way to go
As an up and coming business, you want to leave a lasting first impression on visitors of your website at a fraction of the cost. It doesn’t matter how fast a WordPress design company builds a website. During this stage, it’s more important to have a highly personalized website that’s not only designed to attract customers, but also sets you apart from competitors in the industry.
A small company can give you all these, and more. For instance, since they take on a few clients at a time, they can focus on your website and respond quickly anytime you need help with WordPress. Surely, the benefits of hiring a WordPress company with small-scale operation easily outweigh those of a larger company with dozens of projects.
3. Optimizes for different platforms
Technology is fast evolving, and so are the ways in which people access the internet. We used to be able to go online with just a desktop and wired connectivity. Nowadays, we have smartphones, tablets, and the freedom to go online almost anywhere thanks to wireless internet.
Let’s take a look at the latest internet usage statistics…
- As of January 2018, there were 3.7 billion mobile internet users globally
- Mobile users generated more than half (55.79%) of online traffic in 2017
- In 2016, mobile devices influenced sales by as much as $1.4 trillion
- Google says 82 percent of people used their smartphones to look into products or services before purchasing
- Desktop users spend nearly 20 percent more time on websites than mobile users
- Sales conversions in the retail industry from 2015 until the Q2 2017 are highest in desktop (3.58%), followed by tablet (2.51%) and mobile users (1.2%)
What do these numbers tell us?
- First, that mobile devices are the powerhouse of online traffic and influencing sales.
- Secondly, when it comes to actual sales conversions and the total amount time spent on a website, desktop users take the lead.
- And finally, that mobile and desktop users are equally relevant to your online business
The main takeaway is that you will need a website that works on multiple platforms. Your website must have a responsive design, therefore giving it the ability to display properly when viewed from a laptop or hand-held devices such as smartphones.
Sadly, not all website designers are skilled enough. This is where a professional WordPress design company comes in handy. Unlike your average WordPress designer, an expert will have all the skills necessary to fully optimize your website – whether it’s for mobile, desktop, or tablet users.
4. Makes fast websites
Site speed can make or break the success of your online business. Depending on how fast (or slow) your website loads, it strongly affects how long people stay and how many pages they view on your website.
According to Section.io, as much as 9.6% of visitors “bounce” or leave a page that takes 2 seconds to load. A page load time of 2 seconds also prompted people to visit at least 8 to 9 pages from the same website.
I did my math and made two startling discoveries…
- That every additional second increased bounce rates by at least 4.5%.
- and every additional second caused visitors to view one less page on a website.
This means that for every additional second it takes for a website to load, you lose page visitors and page views.
These statistics show you need a website that:
- Loads fast
- Has low bounce rates
- Encourages people to visit more than one page
- and Improves overall user experience.
An expert WordPress design company is skilled in building fast websites. When coupled with highly engaging content, you can encourage visitors to stay longer. And because they stay longer, your chances of converting them to actual sales likewise increases. Thus, ultimately transforming your blog into a money-making machine.
5. Creates personalized websites for your niche
Appealing to a wide audience might seem tempting considering the huge amount of traffic it brings. Though in reality, it doesn’t always guarantee that you’d make money from a WordPress blog. As a small business, you will want to start small and target a niche with specific online markets. The traffic is low for niche markets, but their conversion rates are pretty good.
The trick is to find an experienced WordPress specialist who develops niche websites. Niche websites are specially designed to attract the right audiences for your industry. These are people who would most likely be interested in your products and services, and have the biggest potential for making purchases.
You know you’re working with a WordPress design specialist if he/she…
- Is familiar with industry-specific terminologies
- Stays up-to-date with the latest news and trends in your industry
- Has extensive knowledge of your products and/or services
By creating a personalized website for your niche, a WordPress design company can better ensure your profitability as startup. Of course, your business (and website) should be based on a popular niche like photography, ecommerce, online dating, and natural health trends just to name. You also can’t go wrong with traditional niches such as law, healthcare, and home improvement.
6. Advanced web design skills
Having a WordPress specialist create a personalized website for your niche is one thing. Asking them to develop a specific type of page or website is on a whole other level. Apart from creating websites and blogs, a WordPress design company must be adequately equipped to make different types of websites.
Some examples of alternative website formats include:
- E-commerce websites
- Shopping carts
- Membership sites
7. Integrates tools and strategies that help with SEO
Competition is decidedly tough for any startup that wants to establish itself online. The moment you decide on a niche, you would have already gained hundreds of competitors. As soon as you set up a WordPress website, you’d have to compete against online-only businesses as well as small businesses with physical stores and an online presence – be it a website, blog, or social media.
Now imagine competing against hundreds of websites and thousands of web pages for a coveted spot on the top 10 SERP. The top 10 SERP or Search Engine Results Page refers to the 10 blue links that appear on the first page of Google after making a search. Results are ranked according to relevancy and what Google thinks provides the most valuable information related to a query.
Some things you need to know about Google users…
- Nearly 90 percent of people who do Google searches never leave the first page
- The average click-through rate for the first page is a whopping 88%
- Click-through rates drop to 6% for the second page and 2% for the third page
- After the third page, the average click-through rate is less than 1%. Ouch!
If you want to improve your online visibility and increase the chances of people clicking through to your website, you have to make it to the top 10 SERP.
The Secret to SERP Success
Due to the heavy online competition, there are some tricks you need to do. Now this is where SEO comes into play. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process by which best practice strategies are employed to improve a page’s ranking on the search engine. Its ultimate goal is to get pages on the top 10 search results.
The best WordPress design company integrates tools and strategies that are helpful for SEO and your overall marketing strategy. First, they will optimize website pages with keywords. Then, they will install the best SEO tools for WordPress. As a result of these efforts, you’ll get a website that is both SEO-ready and SEO-friendly.
8. Integrates tools that help with social media
Any WordPress expert knows that SEO is just one way of helping you reach success. Social media is another factor in determining your resilience in a competitive online market. I want you to see just how powerful social media is as a business platform, so I’m sharing the following useful statistics.
The Power of Social Media in Numbers
- As of 2018, there are nearly 3.2 billion active users on social media
- Social media influences the activity of online shoppers by 23 percent
- 30 percent of online shoppers are willing to make purchases on social media
A good WordPress web company understands the value of social media. Therefore, they will use this knowledge to develop a website that has the best social media plugins for WordPress.
You do have to create useful and meaningful content for an effective social media strategy. When paired with social media plugins for WordPress, you can:
- Get people to know about your business
- Bring traffic into your website
- Attract potential customers
- Gain a loyal following
- Improve overall sales
9. Reasonable cost
It’s not really about how much you are willing to spend, but figuring out whether the cost is reasonable based on the WordPress blog design services being offered. First of all, you should carefully consider your business model when setting a budget because it will help you determine which services you need. Once you’ve taken these into consideration, you can further check if the price is within your budget.
The cost of hiring a WordPress design company varies across providers. Generally you’ll be looking to spend $1,500 to $5,000 on basic WordPress setup and maintenance. Custom designed WordPress such as membership and eCommerce sites will cost you up to $5,000 or more.
You want to find affordable WordPress website design. However, you should never cut costs at the expense of quality.
10. Reliable customer relationship management
The need for WordPress support is inevitable. You might require help during the process of website building (that is, if you’re doing it DIY), or any moment after your website goes live. Perhaps you would like to collaborate with your designer and exchange ideas about your dream website.
It certainly pays to have a reliable WordPress design company who provides efficient and timely support whenever an issue arises. It reduces downtime and ensures that your website is running smoothly. Furthermore, having constant support also speeds up the development of a website.
The best WordPress consultant offers different types of support:
- Live Chat Support. It is the fastest and most convenient way to get in touch. If you have quick questions about their packages and pricing, you’d want a company that offers chat support. Should you decide to push through with their web design services, the live chat is useful for getting instant replies.
- Email Support. Emails are great if you have concerns or questions that require lengthy and detailed responses. As long as you’re in no hurry, you can expect help within 24-48 hours through email.
- Phone Support. It is considered the most reliable support systems available, because phone calls are less likely to end up in miscommunication. They also reduce the time spent on collaborations, and are extremely helpful for getting step-by-step assistance.
- Screen Share Sessions. Only the best WordPress design companies offer live screen share sessions for their clients. Like phone calls, they are useful for walking you through but with the added help of a visual guide.
Nobody likes being ripped off and not getting what they paid for. That’s why you should look for a WordPress design company that fully discloses information about their services, including fees. Transparency is the sign of a web design company which has your best interest in mind. Unlike shady companies, they consider factors they know will help you decide.
Tell-tale Signs of a Trustworthy Company
- Prices are stated outright on their website
- You never feel like you have to ask how much they charge
- There is a clear distinction of what they offer
- Standard charges and additional fees are included in the breakdown
It doesn’t matter if a WordPress company offers time-limited consultations, project-based quotes, or WordPress support packages. Everything should be laid out in front of you. Likewise, they must be willing to answer all your questions. Anytime you feel like asking about their services, they must be able to give you a complete breakdown of what you’ll get and for how much.
12. Available support and hosting
A typical WordPress company rarely provide support and hosting. So if ever you come across a WordPress support company, you’ve certainly got a keeper. These services are essential to website upkeep and the long-term survival of your business.
WordPress support and maintenance ensures that your site:
- Loads fast
- Stays online 24/7
- Experiences less downtime
- Has backups and restores
- Is safe against security threats
- Runs on the latest software
Once they move past design, a professional WordPress support company must deliver a fully-operational and fully-optimized website. Remember that your website is at the forefront of your online business. Therefore, if you want to leave a good impression on first-time visitors, a website shouldn’t hit snags. Every element must be working quickly and efficiently.
Some of the must-have WordPress website support services are:
- Database optimization
- Site speed optimization
- Security audits
- Regular backups
- Restore and recovery
- Image optimization
- Up-time monitoring
- Automated WordPress updates
13. Offers consultations
A WordPress consultant offers one-on-one support for WordPress related issues. It’s a service you might like if you’re used to do-it-yourself solutions, and thus require minimal supervision or help. The best WordPress website consultant can assist you with design, support, and hosting. Consultations are typically done over the phone. But if you want to get faster solutions to problems, find an expert who allows screen share sessions.
I understand that for a first-time website owner, you might feel cautious about paying for a consultation. That’s why I recommend opting for a free WordPress consultation so you can decide whether or not you would opt-in for paid services. Consultations are great if you need quick fixes to your WordPress problems, but still aren’t ready to pay for monthly fees.
Naturally, you’d prefer working with a qualified professional. I’m not just talking about a company that is skilled in WordPress web design. Rather, someone that also shows excellent performance in every aspect. When choosing a company to hire, you’d want to look for the criteria listed below.
8 Signs of a Professional WordPress Design Company
- Meets strict deadlines
- Always on-time for scheduled meetings
- Quickly replies to inquiries
- Delivers results as promised
- Pays close attention to your concerns
- Makes sure they’ve understood your point
- Answers questions and clarifies issues as efficiently as possible
- Patiently assists you throughout the project in a calm and polite manner
15. Sets a good example
Finally, the best WordPress development company will have a website that exhibits the qualities you’d like to see on your own blog or website. After all, a web designer who does great work on their personal site will employ the same level of expertise on your website. A website must have the 5 Power Signals I mentioned at the start of this article.
5 Power Signals of a Great WordPress Website
- Pretty. Beautiful and impressionable with well-integrated themes.
- Practical. Designed to serve a purpose.
- Professional. Contains relevant content, easy to navigate, and has 24/7 up-time.
- Personalized. Made specially for your brand/niche or according to your preferences.
- Profitable. Optimized to attract organic traffic.
But if you want the perfect WordPress website for your small business, you should also raise the bar and look for these 5 additional signs:
- Fast. Content and images load quickly for each page.
- Modern. A fresh and trendy website design.
- Scalable. Designed for website expansion and business growth.
- Secure. Protected against security threats.
- Responsive. Compatible with desktop, smartphone, and tablets.
When to Know You’ve Found the Best WordPress Design Company
Searching for the best provider of WordPress website design services may seem exhausting. However, this only happens when you don’t know what to look for. Hopefully, my handy list will make it easier to choose a company.
You know you’ve found the best WordPress design company if they…
- Are located onshore (or basically the same country as you are)
- Are a small company who can give their full attention to your project
- Fully optimize websites for desktop, mobile, and tablet users
- Make websites with fast page load speeds (less than 2 seconds)
- Create niche websites
- Possess advanced WordPress design skills
- Integrate tools and strategies that help with SEO
- Integrate tools that help with your social media strategy
- Offer affordable WordPress website design
- Have reliable customer support
- Are transparent about their services and fees
- Have available support and hosting services
- Offer one-time consultations
- Act professionally
- Have a great website
Want a website of your own? Look for these 15 qualities and I can guarantee you’ll find the best WordPress design company.
- Top 37 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Website Design Company
- Compilation of Mobile Marketing Statistics
- Digital in 2018: Essential Insights Into Internet, Social Media, Mobile, and eCommerce Use Around the World
- How Important Is It To Be on the First Page of SERPs?
- How Page Load Time Affects Bounce Rate and Page Views
- Internet Stats & Facts for 2017: List of Internet, E-commerce, Hosting, Mobile & Social Media Statistics for 2017
- Many Small Businesses Have Little to No Online Presence
- Mobile Grows But Desktop Still a Big Player in 2017
- Statistics & Facts – Mobile Internet Usage Worldwide
- The New Digital Divide: The Future of Digital Influence in Retail
- The Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics for 2018
Want to get up and running quickly with your WordPress blog without the hassle of picking a hosting company and installing WordPress and essential features?
Website Buoy offers plans that include WordPress hosting, WordPress installation, WordPress Themes customizations, essential features, and support so that you can start blogging right away.
Check out our WordPress Design Services.